A new start for Aifix.

Series 2 was already commissioned before Series 1 had aired.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Yet Morgan survived when all there mass production rivals went bust.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

kim said the following on 30/11/06 02:27:

But IIRC only after their finally listening to JHJ who said that not all the hand made stuff had to be hand made and in-house for one thing and for them finally taking on a production line format.

Initially it was a factory setup reminiscent of an Ealing farce but that's what we do best! :-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

May I then suggest a decent quality EE Lightning and Gloster Javelin in

1/72?

And an LNWR Claughton wouldn't go amiss either. Oops, wrong group! :-D

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Bristol Britannia, Blackburn Beverley, Shorts Belfast, HS Andover and AW Argosy for starters and for flooring how about a pan diorama base or concrete blocking, lighting gantries, starter units...

God, there's so much there!

...single bay glue together units for the C-Type Hangar. Even if there were possibly only 12-bay C-Type hangars in reality, for a diorama the front few bays could be glued together with closed or open doors.

Why wrong group ?

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Scimitar, Sea Vixen, Swift, Venom...

I usually mither about that obsession on uk.rec.models.rail

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

For salivating over the real thing look out for the Look At Life series on DVD featuring Cold War Jets. I found mine at a car boot sale and it's just sweet! The lucky older ones can remember seeing those ten minute features at their local Odeon cinema.

For some reason I still remember the Evening Star as a sweet model and also might still have a few Ages of Steam LPs in the attic.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Bachmann have just released a brand new, state of the art 9F model. It's a thing of rare beauty. The "Evening Star" version sold out very quickly indeed.

Enzo Matrix

Enzo, you weren't also on the train for a free ride out of Oxford station for the "This Is The Age Of The Train" adverts were you ? ;-)

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Whilst we're dreaming, wouldn't it be nice if Airfix produced replacements for some of their unique subjects? I'd love to see a third attempt at the Whirlwind fighter, a new Auster kit, a decent Gladiator, a new Centurion tank, a new Harvard (ie not another T6), a decent Anson and so on. An Antar for the Centurion would be hard to resist.

An upgrading of some more recent kits to eliminate the more annoying faults would also be welcome. Soft skinned vehicles with the right wheels and, perhaps, a range of different bodies available as separate kits. The Matador, though an old kit, would be nice with larger wheels, cab glazing and a new 5.5" gun.

Unfortunately, I fear that the stash would finally outgrow the house.

Gordon McLaughlin

Reply to
Gordon McLaughlin

Gordon McLaughlin said the following on 30/11/06 22:16:

The Matador would be a good one as it's been used in many guises.

Another simple idea would be to produce the scaffolding tower system used for repairs and general maintenance. Great for aircraft repair dioramas and relatively simple to produce. It can even be cut into jack cradles for wing and fuselage support.

Some of the ships could do with looking at, too!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Not half as fast as "Black Prince" :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

But the real things all that one thing in common and a joy for any youngster. Moving parts!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks