A new start for Aifix.

I just thought! It'd be a bad idea as the kids watching think it's okay to nick stuff and take it home so they'll link that to shoplifting.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

LOL

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

As opposed to covering someone in barbecue sauce and feeding them to a pterodactyl.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

It sounds ;like TV in the UK is getting just as bad as here in the States!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Should I be the first to suggest just whom would be the most likely person to attempt the scene as described below?

Tom

Richard Brooks wrote:

Reply to
maiesm72

Don't make me ranty. You wouldn't like me when I'm ranty!

;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Channel 5 would show it. They've shown Keith Chegwin naked so we know they have no pride whatsoever.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

But they show The Shield....i love that show, i wait yearly for it...just the best

Reply to
Jules

As a matter of fact, I read your comments in uk.media.tv.sf.drwho but didn't respond as I knew they were being crossposted from another group :o)

Checkout my COLOUR photo of ex-LNWR Bucephalus in uk.rec.models.rail. There's an even beter one in the book I mention.

(kim).

Reply to
kim

Yeh... sorry about that. I didn't realise that the thread was crossposted until I'd ranted on and on and on... I try not to propagate crossposts.

That's a thing of beauty!

Don't spose there's a picture of a Claughton as well???

You just *knew* it was coming, didn't you? ;-)

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Strangely enough an American comedian described doing such a thing on tv! His skit was part of one of the BBC freeview channel's programmes where some guy mostly slags off tv programming.

The comedian described having a scene pop up on tv every day at the same time of a great steaming pile of poo. No text, nothing else. After a while, people will tune in and ask "what the hell is that all about ?" Then, the clever bit - you take it off air and people will then phone in asking where it's gone.

Anyhoo, to take it back on topic now with one of the early British screen time fillers making a comeback - The Potter's Wheel BTW, I suggest we have some new ones and one of a bloke making a model kit stage by stage with nothing other than some acoustic guitar music might suit.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

To drown the swearing?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

They do it on purpose. They troll an unrelated group then set the follow ups to uk.media.tv.sf.drwho

I had a slight inkling you might say that :o)

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Must be a Murdoch enterprise.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Make sure there's a medical team on standby. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

kim said the following on 24/11/06 17:05:

LOL! That would be great!

It would probably end with the model (if it has wings) being hooked to fishing wire from a bedroom window and the end of a .22 air rifle being poked out to face it as it slides down into the garden.

That would bring lots of cheers from those who remember that sort of thing.

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks

Enough of a success for a S2

Reply to
Martin

I want the lifeboat and the Nimrod!

Reply to
Martin

Ok, Hornby have done well with model railways continually bringing out new moulds and keeping the brand and range interesting. Airfix's sad demise was due to the fact they did not invest in new tooling.

There is a market for all of the old tools if they run along some new tools and the RNLI Lifeboat is due out in January which will be very popular in the UK.

Trumpeter are still producing a mould for the Nimrod which will be produced under the Airfix banner too.

Everyone must realise that in the UK Airfix was by far and away the best selling brand, irrespective of the quality of the tooling. Noone else comes close, Revell are the closest and they were quite far behind.

If Airfix take a leaf out of Revell's book and produce kits predominantly for their own domestic market they will succeed. Why do Revell produce endless kits based on German liveries etc, because this is their core market.

We are a retailer in the UK and feel like banging our heads against the wall with Airfix, such a strong brand and a lack of investment.

Nick Model Hobbies Limited

4=2E Andr=E9 wrote:
Reply to
Model Hobbies

Model Hobbies said the following on 29/11/06 22:57:

Hey, it's the way it's done in the UK! :-)

Remember the Troubleshooter series where Sir John Harvey-Jones gave British companies a right kick up the arse, and of the Morgan plant; "we stick something on the chassis. Push it outside to wait in the rain for fifteen months then push it back inside for another bit to go on...") and let's not forget that the Filofax company originally consisted of an old couple who made the items by hand for well-to-do gentlemen, in a lock-up 'underneath the arches' as it were ?

Sadly I missed the Troubleshooter episode (Triang or Lesney) which showed Sir JHJ standing against some chain link fencing and what used to be a factory but was then a pile of rubble with the trademark red and blue tricycle sitting on top but that's what we seem to do well, going down the pan!

Richard.

Reply to
Richard Brooks