Academy Israeli Merkava 2 & 3 ?

Hello there.

It has been a long while since I posted here. I have returned to my military modelling after a few years hiatus.

I have searched this group for answers but still have these questions regarding the Merkava 2 and Merkava 3 Academy kits in 1/35 scale.

I am currently working on my Academy Special Edition Israeli Merkava 2 and find it interesting. I have made the rear doors and the loaders hatch operable because i could not decide whether to model them open or closed. I have a few sets of the Academy Israeli Tank Crew sets to use with my Israeli armour. I also found some very fine chain to use with the ball armour. It will be faster than trying to clean up the solid chain on the white metal parts in the kit.

I am thinking about getting the Academy Merkava 3 but have some questions.

1a) Apparently the turret is the wrong one for a Merkava 3. Is this still the case?

1b) Where can I get a proper Markava 3 turret preferably in styrene?

1c) What would it cost?

2a) Are the kit supplied Merkava 3 tracks still the wrong pattern and width?

2b) Where can I get after-market Merkava 3 tracks preferably in styrene?

2c) How much do they cost?

While I am here and on the subject of Merkavas another question but about the Tamiya Merkava 1.

3) Even though this is a model of the prototype, is it usable as the Merkava 1 as it was fielded?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Btw I found a site that has 7 drawings of various Merkavas. Drawing 2 is of a Merkava 2 and is a cutaway view of the tank from the left rear quarter. You can see the right side rear interior too.

The Url to those drawings is:

TankBuilder2