"Action" figure source?

Can anyone recommend a "discount" vendor for the 12 inch action figures. I am interested in historical types such as American Civil War.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tnelson242

Try Toys are US

Reply to
Ajsandusky

have never seen such items at a TRU. I did a google search "12 inch action figures" and got lots of hits. Primarily WWII, and Sci Fi but a good place to start. Also consider checking out a Civil War newsgroup or Yahoo group for info. militaryhobbies.com carries the full line of Dragon WWII figures. He may have a source for you to contact.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Sideshow Toys has released several ACW, WWI and other offbeat types of historical sets in the $30 range. They do complete figure sets and individual uniform and equipment cards. They even released a cannon for around $100. They have been out for a while so the older sets may have dried up but they're always adding to the list. I think Honest Abe is in the pipeline for future release.

Hasbro has released a few ACW and WWI sets under the G.I. Joe brand but they are more toy and don't quite scratch the accuracy and detail itch. Hasbro, however did release both a Grant and a Lee figure so that counts for something.

I think Dragon is just now getting into ACW figures and Napoleonic era.

I have bought from Good Stuff To Go, Toymaniacs and War Toys to name but three online dealers that carry a pretty good supply of Sideshow among others. They often run specials and if they are out of stock, that may very well be the reason.

Check eBay. A lot of the time you can get a better price there from collectors that got in on a good sale and over bought.

WmB

WmB