Testors RF-18D any good?

I'm looking to pick up a Testors RF-18D Photo Hornet, and I was wondering if it is any good or not worth the effort. Any thoughts? Mike

Reply to
Mike Orsolini

No. Run. Run away. Run faster...

If you'd like to build a REALLY nice one, get the 1/48 F/A-18D kit from Hasegawa, and the ATARS/RECCE conversion kit from Black Box. They did it right.

Reply to
Rufus

Question: Were there any RF-18s? I used to have the kit and it had extra parts for either the F or the RF versions. I never built it so I can't say much more about it.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Yes. I forget how many kits were sold, but I seem to recall that the initial concept was two per squadron. I also recall that the first deployment/usage was over Kosovo. I forget which squadron(s?), but I do know only the Marines got the kits.

Any later lot D may be converted to the ATARS/RECCE configuration. Practically overnight, if the pitot-static system is tight...

Reply to
Rufus