AIR: BOAC Mosquito and Whitley

I have caught interest in BOAC's civilized bombers during WW2. Mosquitos and Whitleys are my main interest.

Reliable color information seems to be sparse, however. Which color combination would yo use?

Knud

Reply to
Knud Laugesen

Knud:

I believe there was an article on a BOAC Mosquite on Hyperscale. yes here it is:

but I think there was also a part 2.....???

and here are some decal reviews:

though I did not read it, this sounds to be the BEST source of info:
Keith Walker

Reply to
news.verizon.net

Here is another "civilized" Mosquito (decal sheet number 41):

Greg Heilers

and to add fuel to the fire... Scale Aircraft Modelling (the original and best) had an article on BOAC Mossies a couple of years ago. If you're interested in it, post here and I'll look it up and let you know which issue it's in in case you want to track it down.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

the norwegian article references that, and supposedly adds info. The profiles may have been modified from the magazine.

kww

Reply to
news.verizon.net

I'd be very pleased if you'd look that article up! I'm a subscriber to that magazine, so it will easy to me to find that article.

Knud

Reply to
Knud Laugesen

OK Knud. gimme a few days tho. I will post it back here.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Amazingly, it was in the first file I looked in - spooky. And it was a bit longer ago than I recalled - time do fly, don't it! Have a look in SAM Vol

22 No 5, July 2000. Then go to Vol 22 No 7, September 2000 and look for a short letter in the 'Readers' Write' column (pg 421) about the original article. THEN have a look at 'Readers' Write' in Vol 22 No 10, December 2000 (pg 583) for a reply from the original article's author.

Hope this helps.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Well, I seems that I began subscribing SAM in spring 2001... But a friend of mine in the neighbourhood has been a subscriber longer than I, so I think I'll go and visit him in the near future.

Thanks for your help!

Knud

Reply to
Knud Laugesen

No problems. I've received a good deal of hep here myself, so I like to do my share when I can. Good luck with the quest.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg