(AIR) Books

I hit my Barnes & Noble today and found a nice addition to the library. "The Blue Devils" by Barrett Tillman and Mark Styling. Osprey Publishing, ISBN 1-84176-735-2. Turns out to be a hardback compilation of three of Osprey's softback pubs; "Wildcat Aces of W.W.II", "Hellcat Aces of W.W.II" and "Corsair Aces of W.W.II". I won't go into details as I assume most here are somewhat familiar with Osprey's softback publications. If they continue this idea I can see some really nice additions to the library on Spitfire, Messerschmitt, Focke Wolf and some other aces aircraft. All the color artwork is nicely reproduced and the photographs are on good quality gloss finish paper. Someone on here a couple of weeks ago was asking about how U.S. Navy pilots were dressed/uniformed in W.W.II, the last plate in each section would be a good reference. Price was $34.95 U.S.

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey