Airfix back online

is alive again with actual content and stuff.

Not that there's much there that hasn't been seen before. It's a start, however, and who knows what might happen down the track. In the meantime they're still proudly promoting the Airfix Panther. :)

I'm actually somewhat interested in the planned range of "Doctor Who" kits. The first announced, a TARDIS with Doctor and Martha figures, doesn't really excite me much, but I'll bet this means that there are Dalek kits coming ...!

Bruce Melbourne, Australia

Reply to
Bruce Probst

The amount they're asking for these ancient kits confirms my worst fears, that Hornby paid well over the odds for the tooling and are now having to pass on that cost to customers in order to recoup their original investment. £3.99 for a box of 1/76th scale figures which originally retailed for around £00.05

With the future of the series now in doubt they probably regret jumping on this particular flavour-of-the-month bandwagon.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

They've confirmed a new series for 2009, they're taking next year off, and we don't yet know if David Tarrant will return as the Doctor.

Pretty doubtful. *Not!*.

(Now, if someone can show me where I can get a radio-control Dalek for less than AUD125 (that's what they cost in the ABC Shop) I'd be grateful.)

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

That's old news here and Martha* has already been ousted as the Doctor's main companion. I was thinking beyond that. The BBC has announced massive budget cuts. A future series of Dr Who is likely to be the main target for these.

*They actually decided to ditch Martha before the first episode in which she appeared was aired. Personally, I can't see any long queues forming to purchase Airfix replicas of Catherine Tate!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

episode in which she

Uh ... sure. Whatever you say. Even though Martha has been confirmed for at least half of the NEXT series when it returns after the short break ....

But don't let us interfere with your fantasy world.

Meanwhile, people interested in ACTUAL information about the current series of "Doctor Who" would be well advised to check out the BBC website ....

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst

Catherine Tate's "Donna" character is the new Doctor's companion and will be for the full 13 week run of Series 4. Martha will make a reappearance sometime in the second half of the series but when and for how long has not been revealed.

I'm a regular poster at uk.media.tv.sf.drwho

Don't remember ever seeing you there?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Ah. Are you claiming that makes you well-informed? 'Cos it's not the argument I'd use, given a choice ....

Try staring harder at the pixels on your monitor. Can you see me waving?

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst

Living in the UK, being a part of the UK Dr Who community, having actually seen all 13 episodes of Series 3, having listened to all 13 audio commentaries, having watched all 13 "making ofs" (including one which hasn't aired outside of Wales as yet) I would say makes me better informed on the subject than someone who hasn't.

Oh, another silly nym shifter. We have more than our fair share of those already.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

And yet you still make dopey comments like the ones up-thread. Oh well.

Well, you've got me there. I have absolutely no idea what a "nym shifter" is. Hmm ... searches Google for a definition. OK, some sort of name-editing technique, presumably used by trolls to hide their identity. Ah. No, I'm not a "nym shifter". I always post my opinions under my own name, and have done for many years now.

(I find it particularly interesting that this accusation comes from someone who doesn't post their full name *and* who uses an AOL account.)

My comment was instead directed to your apparent belief that (a) someone could not belong to a newsgroup without being known to all other participants and (b) that belonging to a newsgroup automatically makes a person "informed".

As I said ... dopey. Any way, I doubt that either of us have anything useful to add now, especially since the thread is *supposed* to be about Airfix.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Probst