Airfix bags of sh***

Seen the new boxed 72nnd Apache and another helo kit, the tooling is the worst i have seen, pathetic is being nice, whos are they?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

In news:LQPuc.15385$ snipped-for-privacy@front-1.news.blueyonder.co.uk, JULIAN HALES bitched and moaned:

Noticed that on quite a few occasions with their armour kits.

Must have got their castings from Dodgy Bob.

I can't comment on the particular kits, but a number (indeed perhaps the majority) of their "current" kits date from the early sixties / seventies, I remember building the Tiger 1 in my youth and that was a long while ago.

It's particularly annoying that some modern reviewers never think to mention this in their reviews?

Reply to
Polo Player

That assumes the reviewer has a kit collection (or finished model collection) they can refer to. I remember building their Panther (and still have pieces of it that the firecrackers didn't destroy) and wonder why that wasn't re-issued ad-nauseum like the tiger. What's really fun is when a company does two kits seperated by decades like Monogram's Helldiver. I'd certainly like to see reviews of all kits but most of the review sites don't seem to want to invest the bandwidth. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap)

Reply to
Keeper

While you have a point, I was only really thinking of 'professional' reviewers, who frankly should have access to some reference decent materials, indeed a quick look on the Internet would often suffice.

I suspect the Panther moulds were damaged at some stage.

JH

Reply to
Polo Player

Has anyone else had any problems with the latest airfix decals?I have never had things curl up so easily before. I still love airfix tho...quick builds in the true scale 1/72 :)

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I know most of the kits are very old, but how old can a Apache and Cobra be? they remind me of a knock offs co. kits

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I think they are - the SEa Cobra at least is NOT the Italeri Kit (as was expected), but appears to be a Chinese rip-off - and under scale

Don't reply to the btconnect address - and remove nospam!!

Reply to
Dave Fleming

I could tell it wasnt Italeri, they are disgusting whats in the new box, shamefull and i could never have the guts to sell them.

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

I've only seen the pics of the sprues over on Heli Kit News but I've read the bad reports and its a shame that Airfix could release this cr**, especially when they reckon they're trying to bring kids into modelling with the footballer kits.

Tempt them into modelling with one set of kits and then put them off when they try another.

I thought Airfix had turned a corner with their Lightning, Seafire/Spitfire and recent Hawk kits, but they then release these . Happy modelling Ant

Reply to
Ant Phillips