Uh, how about a clue where to look?

Bill Banaszak, clueless MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Thanks, WmB. Now I know where to look.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

i knew the regs would want to know. i will pick one up for your reasons also. sad day.

did you read the above bill? just do a b17 search for 5-6 kits, all academy on ebay.

i knew you'd do it.

I wanted to take a shot at one of these kits for that reason too, but as it stands, I'll probably pass. Cheques and money orders aren't used around here, so if one insists on sending one, the banks rip you off for something like $20 just for the privilege. Add somthing for shipping, and you're looking at $30 overhead costs. I'd happily pay more than usual for the kit, but not to the banks and the postoffice :-(

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

im not getting any items liste

when i spoke to his wife on the fone, she knew i was in the UK and invited me to bid if i wanted anything....i guess she knew he shipped all over the world so wouldnt be a prob

Reply to
Jules

Yes, but you know the saying... You can't take it with you. I'm sure that where he is going, they will have every model kit ever made. :-)

Reply to
Willshak

Al's going to hell? When I shuffle off, I want to go where they have every model kit *I* ever *wanted*. And that includes the '63 Tempest

4-door sedan, the '68 Fury III 4-door hardtop, and the '88 BMW 535is.

For that matter, why bother building models? You ought to be able to have a garage with unlimited capacity ... =;^)

-- C.R. Krieger (Not dead yet ...)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

if it's the christian heaven, you won't be modeling.

Post office should be OK, they don't charge a fee, and they give you a reasonable exchange rate. International postal (or money) order is the way to go if you don't like Paypal and friends.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

gernot, if you ever have a problem getting stuff from the u.s., let me know.

that's right. i have my cadre of minions ready to jump at the lick of a stamp!

Thanks e, I know you know some dangerous people that will "take care" of any problems

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Ooh! I love dogma! Tell us why! Can't get flammable paints and glues shipped there? Racing Champions/AMT/Ertl has already gone to Hell?

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

I'd wish. Even when the post office still supplied money orders, they cost something like $8. Now they're just Western Union agents, with corresponding prices. Not all postal systems are created equal:-(

Maybe I should have mentioned this in the first place, but I'm writing from a Dutch perspective.

Rob

Reply to
Rob van Riel

from what i read, you'll be too bust singing psalms and praising god. i only looked at a small sample, so you're dogma might not get run over by your kharma.

That last is a rhetorical question, yes?

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr. ;)

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

It is, isn't it?