amt 25c

is this an ok kit?
any add ons like side guns?
pe?
it looks decent and the fit is ok, bit spartan interior.
If you are referring to the B-25 series yes they are all nice buildable kits, with recessed panel lines. I will tell you alot of people hate the tire tread pattern and the way to go is the True detail wheel set. The TD set also includes the life raft which was located behind the pilot. Also I think somewhere someone found the props to be incorrect. They must have because I have replacement resin props from KMC in my stash. Cheers, Max Bryant
Reply to
Max Bryant
thanks, that's great. are there any interior detail sets? haven't found any in a search. i know thw accurate mini 25 is thew hot, sexy kit, but i got 3 of the amy's for a buck and think there is potential.
You know when you said Accurate Miniatures I was awaken from my delirium. I am referring to the AMT A-20 Havoc series. I did not know they made a B-25. I do know they did make a 1/48 B-26 back in the day though. Sorry for any confusion. Cheers, Max Bryant
Reply to
Max Bryant
Do you mean a B-25C? Which scale? I'm not aware of AMT ever having issued such a kit unless they reboxed the ancient Frog 1/72 scale kit many years ago.
Reply to
Al Superczynski
amy made a a26 in 72, i have one of those and the havoc too.
it's a 1/72 and it looks better than the old frog. has the white box with two different paint schemes on the cover.
Can you post a scan of the box art to ABMS or email it directly to me?
Reply to
Al Superczynski
Maybe it's the Matchbox. AMT had some Matchbox kits in AMT boxes and I do believe the B-25 was one of them.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
nope, al was right. it's the ex frog. i still like it anyway. i got the p61, too.
Al Superczynski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:
I think I remember the kit. There was a blurb about how the B-25 looked like one of the Japanese bombers, which was why Jap fighters did not attack some of Doolittle's bombers even though they were spotted.
IIRC they included Japanese decals as an alternative scheme.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost
That's one 'empty' model. I have one from the Air Lines days and I think the most detail inside was a flat plat to stick the pilots' chairs to. Outside it's not bad, just not the detail that everyone demands nowadays. I'll try to get a shot of mine for you.
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Bill Banaszak
The decals included Nationalist Chinese (blue/white), not Japanese.
The Old Timer
i figure some card stock and misc parts can flesh out the in. love to see the pic.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comspamless (The Old Timer) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m12.aol.com:
Dang, thinking about it I beleive you are correct sir! I thnk as a kid not versed on the history I thought they were Japanese.
Frank
Reply to
Gray Ghost