Andrea paints questions

Hello all. I have seen some very impressive work done using the Andrea acrylic paints, and since I've gotten interested in figures I chose to try the flesh paint set. Unfortunately, unlike the detailed painting guide included with their deluxe 46-color set, the flesh set has nothing but simple referrence photos on the box.

If any of you out there use the Andrea paints, could you kindly give me some pointers? I've never worked with acrylics before, but hear they are wonderful for getting good blends. Please, consider no detail too trivial. Also, regarding the small bottles they come in, what is the best method for extracting paint? I tried squeezing out a tiny bit, but for most of the work I'm doing it seemed far too much. Since these paints aren't cheap, I'm for any way to get only what I need at the time.

Thanks for any help offered, and I look forward to hearing from you. Regards.

Randy IPMS Houston

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte

Randy....if you attended the Texas shows in the past, say five or six years ago...you undoubtedly remember the name Mario Fuentes. He pretty much was winning "Best Of Show" with his figures....even at the so-called IPMS "airplane guy shows", and AMPS "armor guy" shows. He is a master at acrylics. Here is an article he wrote, describing his techniques using Vallejo paints...which for all intents and purposes...will work and apply to Andrea paints. Although Mario does *not* use acrylics for the flesh areas in this article...his techniques still apply, and others use it to paint flesh.

About the only thing that I could add...is that my preferred Vallejo color for a base flesh...is one they call "Brown Rose". I find most of their "flesh-named" paints a bit too yellow-ish, for my personal taste.

(Now..you just *know* some Leftist PC Nazi, if they happened to read this...will say my last opinion makes me an "Asian-Phobe"...lol)

Reply to
Greg Heilers