Yankee Models Back date kit for Trumpeter Lexington??

Pictures of the Yankee Models prototype Back Date Kit to convert the
Trumpeter Lexington to pre war configuration were posted some time ago. The
product doesn't seem to have actually become available. Does anyone know the
status of this and also does Yankee Models have a web site.

Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut
The Yankee Modelworks backdate set for the 1/350 Trump Lexington was released last year. I managed to get one and I know I had it before the IPMS Nats last year. I think I got it from Trident Hobbies. Unfortunately what I need to find now is the OOP warships pictorial on the Lex to help me better understand the details before I dive in.
Dave
Reply to
Dave Williams
It is available from
along with the PE set.
Reply to
Ron Smith
Thanks Guys - I looked into trident models site and placed an order tonight.
Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut
Yeah! But now you have to come up with a whole new air group, F3Fs, TBDs and SB2Us with yellow wings and all. Probably as big a project as building the carrier itself.
Bill Shuey
Reply to
William H. Shuey
ISW but you might as well scratchbuild one each and cast them yourself.
Reply to
Ron Smith
Check out Commanders Models
They have 1/350 F3B, F6C and O3Us with their Langley Kit. Drop Ted a line, He can help you out.
Reply to
Bradford Chaucer
That's where I have to go next - the whole idea of the backdate is to get the colorful aircraft on the deck.Make a nice contrast with a camoflaged carrier with the early WW II blue and grey a/c on the deck.
Val Kraut
Reply to
Val Kraut