anybody now haow to get old drawings from Grumman?

Have you tried writing their historical division asking them what is available or telling them what you want? If they've been taken over by another company, then write that company.
That's usually a good place to start, and its worked for me. Be prepared to shell out some cash, as the days of getting freebees from these companies is all but gone.
good day, F Marion
Reply to
Francis Marion
Todd asked:
What you can usually get from manufacturers is normally publicity stuff or copies of small inserts for general mailings. You will probably have better luck going to one of the reference data sources like MAP or Bob Banka's web site. Cessna ( for example ) used to refer people to Model Airplane News for drawings regarding the L-19/O-1. MAN had a set of general arrangement drawings for the O-1 that were more accurate than Cessa's own handout stuff and had a lot more detail and cross sections.
Rick
Reply to
OXMORON1
Your best bet would be NARA in College Park, the Cartographic Section. Stuff that old that had military owned blueprints would be there.
Todd Anders>
Reply to
Ron
Used to be (half century ago) model airplane magazines used to have artists/draftsmen do scale drawings for magazines. Wylam was probably the most famous. A number of collections of these drawings have been published, and I still see them around. Grumman was one of the favorite subjects for Wylam. I have one of his books that has a whole series of the Grumman 'cats.
Reply to
Don Stauffer
Model Airplane News carried Wylam and Nye. You can still get large size prints of what they (MAN) printed, plus a few other artists. Don't have their website in front of me now. They take plastic and phone orders, but I don't think Wylam or Nye did many jets. I do remeber a B-45 as one set.
Rick
Reply to
OXMORON1
I have several sets from Detail & Scale, in 1/48. One of them is for the Panther, and one for the Cougar. Not sure if they are still in print, though.
Reply to
Rufus

Site Timeline