Anyone Besides Me Gonna Buy Both?

I picked up a handful of the AMT XB-35 for something like ten bucks@ . Guess I'd better unload my stash of XB-70s before they lose their value, eh?

~Rick

Reply to
unamodeler

I have one 90% finished and lost the other parts. decals were old. at least these kits are new so the decals will last awhile as they will never get built anyway....

Craig

Reply to
crw59

i already have the original prop kit. i probably won't ever build it. so the answer is no.

Reply to
someone

was it a discount toy store in st george utah?

Reply to
someone

I got my B-35 in a Dollar Store in East Aurora, New York for the princely sum of $4.95. They also had all the major Star Wats stuff, Star Trek and the B-70. Only the B-70 cost more, that was $9.95. I cleaned up that day.

Reply to
The Old Man

Nope - a sporting goods store / discount house in Missoula, MT.

Too bad they went out of business!

Reply to
unamodeler

I have 2 YB-49s, anyone interested in trading for a XB-35 ?

Reply to
n329df

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

Most of the Dollar Stores are like that. This particular store was a "Big Lots", which is a lost leader jobber and also sells stock from stores that have gone out of business. Some of the Big Lots stores around here carry models, some don't - it all depends on the manager and what (s)he comes across to sell. I also used to get instant French Vanilla coffee in a 5-lb. bag for a dollar and bottled water that was laced with caffine, 3-half-liters-for-a-dollar (which made for some very interesting coffee at work!).

Reply to
The Old Man

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D[

If you have a Weis supermarket, they have starfix kits for a dollar. Although I think they should pay us more then that for that brand.

Reply to
eyeball

passed through there in the 60's. very cool town.

Reply to
someone

hmmm. ask me tomorrow.

Reply to
someone

Wow, that's what I get for not shopping there anymore! I don't miss them much anyway.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

On Sep 12, 8:49=A0pm, snipped-for-privacy@some.domain wrote: (About Missoula MT..........)

You wouldn't recognize the town now. You got to see Missoula BEFORE "A River Runs Through It" was released. Now it is just like everywhere else, big box stores, high density housing, traffic, increased crime, and hoards of self proclaimed "environmentalists".

Silliest thing I have ever seen was a guy dressed up as a trout, standing at an intersection, holding up a sign: "Fish Have Feelings, Too!"

Today is a "home game" for the U of M "Grizzlies" football team. They just added 2000+ seats to their stadium and I STILL CAN'T GET A TICKET!

I also can't get across Hwy 93 this morning as the "Griz Nation" hurries into town for the tailgate parties and other entertainment. These folks are fanatics!

Regards the "Big Lot" Stores? We just lost ours and the two remaining "dollar stores" carry a lot of junk, but nothing very tempting and absolutely NO MODELS.

Our last remaining true "Hobbyshop" is now up for sale and the area is evolving into office buildings, so the land is probably worth more than the business, good-will and inventory combined, Sad.

~Rick

Reply to
unamodeler

seems the way the world is going. if you get a chance, read stand on zanzibar by john brunner. but don't look at the date published until you're done.

Reply to
someone

The new stadium got initiated today with a new attendance record: 25,056 souls ! (Latest population for Missoula shows a city of 67,165 full time residents.)

Oh? The game? Griz: 46 Visitors: 10

~Rick

Reply to
unamodeler

Nope, still have 1 ea in the plastic

Reply to
chuck ryan

oh big lots! yeah they get some bargain models, but you have to check in there like once or twice a week to get there when the models hit the shelves. i got the ford gt90 kit and the new GTO kit for $4.95 each, opened them up, then went back to get some more but they were out already. (thought i'd use the gto for chassis upgrades to other kits, the gt90 is worth $4.95 just for the wheels and tires, but it makes a decently slick car when built out of the box)

Do you live in/near Missoula?

Tom

unamodeler wrote:

Reply to