Anyone ever use Yahoo auctions?

for some reason ebay kicks me out of Netscape now when I go to the site. damn computer is ready to be put down....

so has anyone sold/bought models on Yahoo with any success?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Craig -- I bought a couple of books there about two or three years ago. No real problems, and with PayPal nowadays, would have probably even less. I generally works like eBay, but with a smaller selection. Regards,

The Old Timer

E-bay has been denying me for some time now when I browse in Netscape. I don't like IE much but that's what I use now for browsing/searching.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I have bought two vacform models from Ebay, Contrail Yak28 C&P and a

70's Airmodel version of Horten IX. These were sold to me from Germany and Great Britain. In both cases the sellers were great, with the Yak i even got a German aviation magazine with some photos of the plane. I have ordered 17 items from Ebay in total, no problem ever. And by the way, the Airmodel Horten was incredibly crude (12 parts) and laughably inaccurate, but a fun project nevertheless.

Pertti

Reply to
juustomestari-poistatämä-

Bill,

You might wanna try a different browser.

[Totally no-commercial-interest plug :-) ] I use Mozilla Firefox on ebay with no probs.
. It's at version 0.8 but it's been fairly stable for me.

I dislike IE as well now that I'm back in the land of windows, unfortunately some sites (particularly banks -- why??) force you to use it.

Cheers Michael

Bill Banaszak wrote:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***

Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored

Michael Lumley

*tinfoil beanie mode on*

It's not just your computer. The same thing kept happening to my mom's computer when I was looking for a riding-mower bag for her. (Long story.) I'm guessing that e(vil)Bay has struck some sort of under-the-table deal with Microsoft that lets only IE work and either throws off Netscape, if both are on a computer, or causes it to malfunction if it's the only browser detected. Damn you Bill Gates!!!

*tinfoil beanie mode off*
Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

well its actually been a blessing because I now cannot buy anything while I am at home cuz I only have NS. This little conspiracy from Gates has probably saved me hundreds of $$$!

Craig

Reply to
who me?

i have nutscarape and mozilla that work fine with eekbay.

Try the latest version of Mozilla. Mozilla *today* is the same as Netscape *next year*. Plus, Mozilla has all the cool features (as standard features) that MicroSoft will never put into I.E., such as built-in pop-up blockers, tabbed browsing (once you use this, you will wonder how you ever did without it...). Mozilla also has the capability to disguise itself as I.E., to "fool" all those "explorer-only" sites. (I believe the Windows version of Mozilla has this...).

Alternatively, try the Opera Browser.

Greg Heilers

Or if you just want a browser, try Firefox - all the great features of Mozilla's browser without the extraneous clutter.

Al Superczynski

Does Mozilla have an e-mail/newsgroup function that will let me import my current e-mail/newsgroup files from Netscape? I've got a bunch of stuff in there that I'd like to keep.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall