Apache Interior Color?

The instructions in the IMEX kit say all flat black, including the seats. Anyone know for sure one way or the other if that's true? TIA

Reply to
Robert Skipper

I don't fly them but I have sat in the cockpit of one a couple times and, to my eyes, flat black it is, though, for scale effect and to enhance shading, you might try a dark gray. While it has been a while, I seem to remember the seats were the same black color as the rest of the cockpit. The cushons were an open-weave material to allow air flow and, while I seem to remember being able to see a slight tanish color through the weave, I couldn't swear to that any more. Hope this helps a little.

-- -- -- -- -- "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." George Orwell

My Home Page:

Bill Woodier

Reply to
Robert Skipper

Me too, from what I recall...just got two Brit Longbows off my line...

If you're using Model Master enamels, try combining Aircraft Interior black with basic Flat Black and applying alternating flat and gloss coat with a brush to add contrast. I did this with the cockpit of my 1/32 Hawker Hunter (which also has a basically black cockpit) and the effect looks great.

Reply to
Rufus

Reply to
Robert Skipper

Add some flesh color to your black. This does a great job at scaling it down, without having that "sterile" look, that a plain dark gray often gives.

Reply to
Greg Heilers

The entire interior is flat black but for our purposes I would use Testors aircraft interior black so a black wash will pick out the details. The seat cushions are black but with (white what you would call "dashes") woven in like a tweed type of fabric.

Reply to
Scott A. Bregi AKA The Model Hobbit