Awkward ebay feedback

I sold this guy a ship. he sent a money order which I deposited on a Friday. The kit was mailed on the following Tuesday. It went parcel post because of the cost of the shipping. So today I see a positive feed back saying "slow to ship but arrived none the less".

I'm not a dealer, just a modeler clearing out some unwanted kits. Is this guy a bit anal to expect that the kit should arrive so fast? I mean it was mailed 2 full working days after deposit of payment.

Sounds pretty damn good if you ask me. He most likely got the kit with a week. Is that so bad?

Not sure if a response on the ebay feed back is necessary or even worth it, am just surprised by the feedback I got.

This to me seems to a a good example of when not to leave any feedback for a transaction. What did he accomplish by it? Over 100 sales so far and no one has ever said a week was too slow.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

yep...very anal...I rarely get things from ebay that fast. I'd give him a neutral in return,and explain that...

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

He showed his ass.

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I already gave feedback upon recpt of payment. Am wondering if I should reply to the feedback I got by asking if mailing 2-3 working days after payment is considered slow....

Craig

Reply to
Craig

yes give him another feedback or you could just chalk it up to there's always a bad one in the bunch

Reply to
Eyeball2002308

I wouldn't. Intead, I'd make sure in future auctions to specify the anticipated delivery interval so you'll only get complaints from twerps, which is what this guy is. There's no point arguing with twerps.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

You could always say.... "Sorry, my teleporter was in the shop that week." ;-)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Hartlen

Well, when I deal with eBay sellers who insist on getting "payment in 7 (or 10) days", I tell them that I'm mailing payment on a certain date, usually that date or the next date the mail runs at least, but once it's in the hands of the USPS I can't assure delivery within that timeframe, if at all & the only way I can nearly guarantee payment ASAP is thru PayPal. Some positives I've gotten say "recieved payment in 3 days!!" or something. I can't take credit for that! All I did was mail it. Other times have been 6 - 8 weeks to cover what should take 3 -4 days. Anything can be mailed in a timely manner, but after that, with the USPS, who knows? One thing I wonder about anyway, who really reads feedback comments anyway? I rarely do, & that's usually if the seller has any recent negatives to see if it was BS or justified, IMO or if they were buyer or seller. I just check the numbers & since eBay provides percentages now, I look at that. This guy was just a prick, probably related to Julian's buyer who can't believe that surface mail from the UK really means by slow boat! At least a gave a positive.

Reply to
famvburg

He did leave a positive feedback - resorting to a neutral/negative one is being equally as anal as your buyer.

If the whole buyer/seller process didnt go smoothly then you place feedback accordingly - seeing that you got paid, he got the goods and everyone is happy, I dont see why a neutral is warranted here. Post a positive feedback.

You do realise that you have the opportunity to reply to his feedback?? I suggest you do so with short and clear facts.

Jimi

Reply to
Jimi

Schynert's right. Just let it go. The guy doesn't have any real beef and you're in the right, but what the hey; you're just clearing out kits; you don't have a reputation to protect; let it slide.

It astonishes me how concerned people get about feedback sometimes; you'd think it was their whole darned reason for existence. People like that need to get a life. (I'm not saying that you are one of those people.)

Steve H

Craig wrote:

Reply to
snh9728

Yes, that was funny, surface? isnt that where its driven to the airport?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Actually, I spend a surprising amount of time reading feedback and checking buying & selling habits, but I *ignore* virtually all positive feedback (unless there's a *response* as the OP is considering here - which would only draw my attention to the 'problem'). It's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for guys who are buying the same stuff I bid on (there are a few overpaying 'collectors' you don't want to bother bidding against) *and* the sellers whose negative feedback reflects a problem of some kind. The usual seller I'll avoid is one with an attitude problem - where

*every* negative feedback was the *other* guy's fault *and* he (Seller) is taking the opportunity to show off all the insults he's ever learned. These guys also tend to type with the 'Caps Lock' key on, so they're fairly easy to spot and avoid. I also occasionally notice someone who's 'churning' models on eBay (buying them and immediately reselling them). Not that it's wrong, but I don't like it and I won't buy from them.

I would tend to agree. I recently *almost* posted a positive feedback essentially saying the same thing: slow shipping, but good service otherwise. Then, I noticed that the USPS took over *ten days* to get a DVD here.

"Never mind." - Emily Latella

-- C.R. Krieger "Ignore 'em, m'dear; they're beneath our dignity." - W.C. Fields

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Sounds like he did just what he should have done. You didnt do anything *extra* or go out of your way. It was a simple transaction, that went about average...

I'll tell you what good, or above and beyond mean to me. Like when I told a guy I sent the $$, and two days after I had my packadge, he had sent the kit out before he had even recieved the $$$. Now that deserved a good rating (definate positive feedback !) Or another who had done an impressive packing job !!! (something a lot of eBayer's need to learn about) Matter of fact, how an item is packed means more to me than anything else. And I have no problem giving a negative rating for the people who do such a poor job at packing items. Or an extremelt positive one for an excellent packing job. One seller actually gave me his ph # so we could discuss an eyepiece I was buying (expensive one for telescope) he wanted to make sure that I knew exactly what I was getting first. These all are positive, and more importantly, helpfull sellers, and they deserve the better ratings.

Actually if in your case, had I recieved the $$ friday, than I would have sent it out no LATER than saturday. You did wait a full 4 days before sending out his item. Not exactly fast to me. (IMHO) I too would have left a neutral rating. You did nothing extra to earn a better one (again, IMHO)

My brother sells on eBay very seriously, and he says the two most important things are, first, and foremost, getting the item shipped within 24 hours of recieving payment, and packing it correctly from the start. These two impress people more than anything else !!!

Azzz1588

Craig,

You already showed you were a class act by posting positive feedback on receipt of payment. I find that these days sellers are more likely to wait for positive feedback from buyers before posting feedback--a sad state of affairs.

Anyway, my opinion is that since you've both posted pos feedback, go ahead an reply to his. Keep it factual and unemotional.

Louis

Reply to
Louis Schroeder