beaufighter?

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in said the following on 23/05/2011 21:58:

Square bashers? Square set battle?
Are these a reference to a British 19th Century battle tactic?
Gray Ghost wondered

Square bashing is training to march in formation, the implication that it's being done for the amusement of the bloke yelling the orders.
On 25/05/2011 10:33, Rik Shepherd wrote:

Square-bashing is drill, performed on the barracks square, with lots of boots clashing on the ground, hopefully in synchronisation. The -bashing element is onomatopoeic as well as hinting at the sustained and boring effort involved.

or the pols holding the checks.
Richard Brooks wrote

And in Doctor Who he looked a bit like this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4lEt8LU3Vk&feature=related

Top comment : "I absolutely love Hartnell's portrayal of the Doctor, far more mysterious & seemingly dangerous than the big girls? blouse he has become."

patrik troughton was the early dr i remember. i had forgotten that he added much comedy and also had a companion with legs that went all the way up. her minis were REALLY short. duck dresses, they were. two inches higher and you see the quack. yeah, yeah, just shoot.
in

Very intersting. Very much a product of his era.
I don't know if you've seen these clips? By the look of the tail there are at least two types included, with and without tail dihedral.
<http://www.livingwarbirds.com/bristol-beaufighter.php

excellent. tanks.
On 5/24/2011 1:58 PM, Richard Brooks wrote:

Early marks were without but by the time they got to the TF.Xs the dihedral was introduced. IIRC, it reinforced longitudinal stability. Thanks for the video reference. I've never seen them in action before.
Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.