beaufighter?

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in news:%ilDp.12107$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-09.dc.easynews.com:

Actually stuff like Saw just disgusts me. That sort of cruelty to one's fellow man is beyond me. All I can think is someone should just shoot the bastard and move on.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in news:%ilDp.12107$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-09.dc.easynews.com:

Actually stuff like saw just disgusts me. That sort of cruelty to one's fellow man is beyond me. All I can think is someone should just shoot the bastard and move on.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

thank you, i'm not alone. the idea that people fantaise about making the horrible worse offends me. the world sucks badly enough. granted that peace and love shit if boring and that even the lotr trilogy would have been dull without it's darkness, there are stupid extremes and stupid, thy name is hollywood.

Reply to
someone

you got hiccups?

Reply to
someone

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in news:xQDDp.12286$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-14.dc.easynews.com:

I let the sig line through that's not for this group and I tried to cancel it and repost without it.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

snipped-for-privacy@some.domain ( snipped-for-privacy@some.domain) wrote in news:WMDDp.12285$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-14.dc.easynews.com:

Indeed, all of that twisted material is very disturbing, one, that people spend money to make it and two, that people pay good money to see it. Why is such brutality so attractive? It makes me squirm and I have a thing about bullies, and all of the protagonists are really just twisted bullies at heart.

I even have trouble watching Criminal Minds, the production values are fairly good, but the stories, I dunno, what is the fascination with it? But then again, almost all of the good TV is crime drama and most of the crime is pretty cruel, CSI, L&O there is something just borderline psychotic that it's made and that people watch it.

At least shows like White Collar are almost always theft of some kind, Burn Notice has violence but there is a basic morality to it and Michael Weston's preference to avoid killng is refreshing, but then again you don't have the sort of twisted bad guys. And Leverage is almost always economic crime. I find that much easier to watch.

Another thing I hate is everyone is a freaking Superhero. They now use CGI to enhance every lameass into Superman. How about ordinary people being heroic in their normal human skin. If you can fly and toss fireballs it isn't really a stretch that you can fight other guys that do so. To me heros are people that face up to thier fears and prevail anyway.

Everyone is an antihero. Even when they made movies about Iraq they had to make sure they had to make it ugly. Hell, the Battles of 73 Easting could have been an epic classic, as could have been the Thunder Run to Baghdad. But here was no time for a romance between the handsome colonel and the major's wife or civilians to murder. I remember how jaw dropping it was just watching it as it happened. You could have done either in 2 hours and change and if they would play it right the Army would have been glad to help. And it would help to pick actors that look like soldiers not pretty boys in uniform.

If I ever win the lottery, I'm going to make those 2 movies and probably make a fortune. People are hungry for REAL flesh and blood heros.

Pheh! The entire industry has become an intellectual toilet. They are to busy rehashing every successful movie into a shit bad remake. And shit bad movies into even worse ones.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

I felt the same way about Hannibal Lecter. Of course, that would have ruined the franchise...

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

yep, hiccups.

Reply to
someone

pointelss depravity added for it's own sake. an attempt at shock value that just makes me queasy.

Reply to
someone

I watched my DVS of Kelly's Heroes again. there were rumors that happened more than a few times in vietnam. Find a ton of currency, why should the platoon turn it over to Uncle Sugar? E-3 that tried it in OIF got caught. Moral: only steal in places that aren't flat and don't leave a gap in the box of cash....

Reply to
frank