Brass Cleanup

I have a Pocher Fiat that I build more than 30 years ago. It has held up pretty well over the years. The many brass parts on this kit have dulled over the years and I was thinking about trying to restore it. It isn't really "green" tarnished but is just dulled. Has anyone had any experience cleaning brass or should I just leave it alone. I am a little afraid of hurting the plastic and painted parts that are attached to the brass and I don't want to do any disassembly. Any thoughts would be appreciated....

Reply to
Count DeMoney

leave it alone if you won't disassemble. brasso, acetone, etc will shine it up. and eat paint.

At one time Coca Cola would clean brass and copper . Maybe dampen a cotton bud with coke and wipe over the brass with that. Or vinegar .Im not familiar with the model so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to clean.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)