BUILDING A REAL CAR BODY FROMA A 1/18 SCALE

HI EVERYONE. I hope thei forum can help in same way since I have been unsuccselful until mpw.

I sm trying to build a real car body from an 1/18 scale. I have the manual sto build the car, tghe mechabicsm teh fiberglass people, buyt AI have no one who can take an 1/18 scale model amd make it real size.

know Auto CAD 2006 can help, but my Mac does not suport that program and I havent been able to find any similart programs for Mac. I'm not so worry obout the resin or fibeglass, more on the caling up of the dimension from 1/18 model to real size.

I was thinking of making a cast of the outside (like in sculture) then slice it up like thin slice bread, then scaling up each slice to a wood and foam cast.Putting the real size cast together and making a negative fiberglass mould than can then be used to make the bodyes.

I've also heard of a comb like instrumet that you pres down in small distance apart increments several times along the cast body measuring the structure and then scaling up those measuremts to make a cast for the mould.

I await any coments or experiences on the subject.

Thanks to all

Reply to
lyONEL

lyONEL