color help for Revell Luchs recon vehicle-

Anybody got a line on what colors the German 3-color camo scheme for the modern 8-wheeled Luchs recon vehicle involve? The instructions just say leather brown, tar black and green. Nice looking vehicle- looks like they cranked in just a little more macho than a hummer- perfect for LA commuting, if you ignore the occasional Kia or Toyota crushed underfoot.

Reply to
Jim Atkins

Jim, Tamiya's NATO Black (63), NATO Brown (62) and NATO Green (67) are what you're looking for, I think. They were introduced a couple of years ago with the Leopard 2 - so they'd work just fine for the LUCHS.

Chris Kansas City

Jim Atk> Anybody got a line on what colors the German 3-color camo scheme for the

)
Reply to
cschultz

One of those damn things snuck up on me once in Germany... I was carrying two 20l Jerricans of water down a forest track, having visited the water replen point. The driver honked his horn and I nearly c**pped myself! They are soooo quiet!

I got the chance to look inside one later, every peice of kit had it's own alloted stowage space, commander's bino's, Uzi's etc. The radio operator sat in the back, facing to the rear and had a complete set of driving controls. The damn thing could go as fast in reverse as it did forward!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

I've tried a pic over on alt.binaries.models.scale...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Not too shabby, Chris. Thanks for the example. Around here we get Marine LAVs driving around on the main highway. They get a lot of respect!

Reply to
Jim Atkins