color of he-274 used by French

A poster on rec.aviation.military piqued my curiosity.I thought I would find a model of the plane on the net, but too my surprize I could find none. With all the late war concept planes (that never were) being built, no one has tackled the 274? Anyone know the color of the Hs-274 captured and tested by the french? Appears to have natural metal spinners and blades but what is the rest of the plane? I haven't found any built models on the internet... It appears to be overall one dark color or perhaps dark-green over black? Did the French ever strip off the paint and fly it "au natural" ? It was not scrapped until 1953 so I figured that it might have flown for some while after the war in France but maybe it was only tested a bit and then abandoned?

al snipped-for-privacy@cox-internet.com

Reply to
old hoodoo

I remember seeing a photo or reading somewhere that the craft was used for Mistel type launches of French experimental aircraft, maybe more in this book:

or here: LES AVIONS ALLEMANDS AUX COULEURS FRANCAISES - Tome 2 An exotic subject indeed that the one of the german aircraft under french flag, discover them with many unknown photos.

If I dig something up in my collection I will let you know.

Keith Walker

Reply to
Scorpian