Problem with Iwata airbrush

Have the Eclipse BCS - (gravity feed) airbrish and no matter how well I clean it, I keep getting air bubbles inside the paint cup when I spray. Have tightened the rubber washer inside and cleaned the tip and needle with lacquer thinner (repeatedly). Seems to be a good seal at the tip. Spraying at 15-20 psi.

What am I missing? A little help please.

TIA

Ed

Reply to
Ed Baroth

"Seems" is not the same as "is". You get bubbles, therefore the seal is not good. First, check that the surfaces the washer bears on are perfectly clean and unscratched. Next, try mounting the washer the other way around. If that doesn't work, replace the washer or put a _small_ drop of soft thread locking compound (Loctite, the violet or green variety, NOT the red, or you'll have to heat the airbrush to unscrew the tip) on the tip threads before screwing the tip in. Or, if you don't want to play with Loctite, scrub a little candle on the threads, heat the tip just enough to melt the paraffin, then quickly screw it in.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun