Confused about kit instruction

oops, my bad. no thanks, though i may ask later. i don't have any vintage cars, so i have no need. i'm still going to get a recorder.

Reply to
someone

intercourse the penquin!

Reply to
someone

someone wrote in reply to:

The following response

Intercourse??

You mean that town in PA? The one next to Blueball Rick

Reply to
OXMORON1

there's a devil's elbow, mo.

Reply to
someone

...so it's a good thing...

I actually ran into Arlo some years back (MANY years back...) in an El Torito in Westport Plaza in St. Louis. Turned out he was playing a gig there and stopped in at the El Torito next door for dinner, which he said he always did when he played in St. Louis. Haven't lived there in about 14 years, so I don't know if he still passes through.

In fact, I guess I don't know what he's up to these days - alive and gigging, or not...

Reply to
Rufus

..."Wainscotting"...

Reply to
Rufus

Noticed on a recent map that they finally DID renane the "devil's highway", which runs from Cortez, CO to Gallup, NM. It's no longer the "tripple-six".

Reply to
Rufus

pahty poopahs.

Reply to
someone

prolly, them old folkies die touring.

Reply to
someone

Rufus commented about Arlo Guthrie:

He shows up and plays every year at the Woodie Guthrie festival in a Woodie's home town in central Oklahoma (Okemah IIRC). Still puts on a good show even if he is now a white haired MFE. I saw him there about three years ago. A lot of the old folkers, err folksingers,make that party. To my knowledge the party has never been raided, the sniffing dogs are moved to another part of the state.

Rick Got the CD and the T-shirt

Reply to
OXMORON1

Good to hear. All we have to do is wait for it to come around again...

Reply to
Rufus

Get to Intercourse and you're halfway to Paradise too......in PA ya pervs, in PA......

Reply to
Ron

And down the road from Paradise...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Depends upon where you start from...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

...Ridin' on the City of New Orleans...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

...if you wanna end war and stuff...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Just have a radio in the Rustang but I did snag an 8-track player at a yard sale years ago. I mostly use it for playing the cartridges long enough to record them on cassettes. I've not had much longevity out of cartridges. I had a player for years in a component stereo but never owned any tapes. I sorely wanted a cassette player but when we bought the stereo, Sears no longer offered the tape deck. The salesman told me that 8-tracks were more popular than cassettes so they quit making the decks. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

...until he was met at the bottom of a cliff my some long haired, guitar playing, song writing, motorcycle riding, hippie-freak...

Reply to
Rufus

...with a pickle...

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Amazing sales bs there! What year are we talking; late seventies?

8 track transports were always the weak point. Didja know the guy who invented the Lear jet invented the 8 track as well? Bootlegging was rampant back then with the ensuing cheaply made transport/tape mechanism that was good for about six plays.

And now we've come to the next plateau; everyone wants to dump their cassettes. They're probably the most user friendly medium and are far less corruptible than CD's. I hope I can find a cassette/cd for the next vehicle. Cheers,

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper