Crossposter Crap

beaver pizza, tom?

i also believe that anything as miserable as that thing is surely it's own reward. can you bet it's divorced, surronded by macdumbells wrappers and needs a bath?

don't know if it's true, but i heard the story of a guy selling shortwave crap on ebay, only he took the money and never shipped the goods. supposedly an irate customer showed up at his door and shot him dead. anyone heard this one?

In article , Mad Modeller writes

IIRC, everyone survived that one - there was a dunghill under the window...

Cheers,

P.S., donkeys' years ago Games Workshop did a nice 28mm scale model purporting to be Jan Ziska, I regret now not grabbing one.

Reply to
Moramarth

In article , William H. Shuey writes

Classy, but pricey, and far too good for the uffies. A half brick in a long sock applied with all the vigour generated by the antipathy their antics create would surely be more satisfying?

Regards,

Reply to
Moramarth

Tongue in cheek reference to two vile, violent and profane morons who used to do battle here.

Long gone and good ridance.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

lock them all in one room for a week. can't get much crueler than that. you wouldn't need to put in food, some would survive easily.

same song, yesterday same song, yseterday

-last poets

Yeah but I'd bet I paid less for mine than you did. Mine was free. ;~)

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Mad Modeller avait écrit le 22/10/2004 :

Oh yes, especially during holidays ! :o)

... And holidays begin this evening... It will be hard for Dad and Mum ! ;)

Reply to
Flying Frog

Ditto, but a little older.

Inherited my Sharps buffalo gun. Took it to be restored and it needed cleaning and that's about it. Little corrosion on the outside, none in the bore.

The guy at the gun shop said that a Sharps like mine in the hands of an expert could hit a 12"x12" target at a tremendous distance.

What was the name of the movie that featured a Sharps marksman? "Valdez is Coming" IIRC.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

wasn't the amazing shot of one mile that killed an indian sieging a camp a sharp's?

Eudora allows you to specify specific newsgroups in your filter--I simply chose an ng I would never otherwise look at that was in the crosspost list--just like that, no more crap.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

"Quigly Down Under", starring Tom Selleck!

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Or also "Quigley Down Under" with Tom Selleck. A friend who ~is~ an expert told me that sequence where Selleck made a water bucket dance at a quarter-mile was pretty much accurate. Me, I'd be happy just to ~see~ the damn bucket!

The Old Timer

*Only* a quarter mile? 99% hit a large pizza pan, 78% a standard pie tin at 1000 yards......over half a mile......damn but I love 6.5mm's........6.5X55 Swede or 6.5-06, failing that I'll use a .30-06.
Reply to
Ron

Both, actually. It was about a mile long shot.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

This was with ~no~ scope, just the old fashioned windage and elevation trapeze. As I said, I'd be happy just to ~see~ the damn bucket!

The Old Timer

Oh, you wanted iron sights, change the number to 95% and 70% then.

Reply to
Ron