1/48 Skyraider kits?

I currently have two A-1H kits, Monogram and Esci. Has anyone built these kits and which one is better, both from an accuacy, look and fit standpoint? Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated.

Mark M

Reply to
Mark M

Of the two listed, the Monogram kit is better. The best is the Tamiya kit.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

i built the mono years ago and i believe i remember it being gappy and the landing gear sucked.

Hey Dave, I fixed your post.

Either the Monogram or the Esci will give you an enjoyable build, and the Esci is a AD-4 out of the box, no matter what they say on the outside. I have a spare Monogram cockpit that will dress up the Esci kit's rather bare interior if you wnat it...

Reply to
Jeff C

Thanks for the offer Jeff, I'll just build the Monogram kit. I usually build in 1/72 but just wanted to do the odd 1/48 kit. I'm a big skyraider fan anyhow.

appreciated.

Reply to
Mark M