Crossposter Crap

(rest snipped)

By the way; if you were really concerned with informing people of some threat such as you claim, you would not have a bogus e-mail address that bounces sent mail back. I suspect you're just full of crap.

-- -- " In walks the village idiot and his face is all aglow; he's been up all night listening to Mohammad's radio" W. Zevon

My home page:

Bill Woodier

Lol :o) "e" is like that ? Amazing, but you certainely have proof ? Really easy to offend somebody when one is hidden behind the screen, but if you have proofs, do not hesitate to contact authorities. If it is not case, you are only a troller more...

Reply to
Flying Frog

check out the other 20 people it has accused of the same thing. not one is guilty. it is just a sick troll.

e a exprimé avec précision :

Yes I saw... That's (the reason of my message. Don't worry, you're well know here ! ;)

Reply to
Flying Frog

i wasn't worried. unlike the mp3.d group, there are adults here who think. one piece of advice, never spurn a fat girl.

Gee, I can't imagine many two story buildings back then. I think you need three to insure mortal wounds. I'm thinking a trebuchet would be loads of fun. Yahoo!

The Keeper (of too much crap!)

Reply to
Keeper

yeah, we could play crusader's sieging jeruselum and shoot in the heads of the infidel trolls.

I remember somebody (Bill Shuey?) mentioning the throwees landing in manure. According to the book it was a forest of spear points.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

it ain't that fall that kills you....

I missed the original post, so if this is out of context, I apologize. If you're referring to using a trebuchet as a device to sling bodies, that was actually done at one point, although I don't remember the circumstances. It was done during the Middle Ages when the plague was raging through Europe. Infected bodies were slung over the castle walls to infect those inside.

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete the word spam from email addy

Reply to
TimeTraveler658

And again in "History of the World:Part One" by Mel Brooks.

Mel played the king. He would yell "Pull" and a peasant was launched.

Servant: "The peasants are revolting!".

King: "Yes, I know" or something along those lines.

Best line in the movie: "It's good to be the king".

Love that movie.

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

1346 - The siege of Kaffa (currently Feodosiya, Ukraine). There are suggestions that this was the source for the outbreak of the Black Death that eventually swept across Europe.
Reply to
Larry Farrell

According to sources that I have read it happened in 1327 (or so) during a seige in Asia Minor, where the attackers (Tatars, Mongols, I don't remember) where trying to take a merchant enclave on the northern shore of the Black Sea. They launched the bodies of some of their own troops that had died of the Plague over the city walls. As some of the defenders started to get sick, a group of Italian (Genoan, IIRC) merchants took to their ship and sailed for home. By the time they got to Italy, most were down with the disease, if not dying, and when they landed in southern Italy, the Plague took off like wildfire. Within five years, 1/3 to 1/2 of Europe was dead. My books claims that this was one of the first (if not THE first) uses of bio-warfare.

The Old Timer

i think it was a few years later but you have it correct. a good source is the barbara tuchman book, a distant mirror. (creds to da boid)

I have a movie on tape with Rutger Hauer set in Medieval Italy that has such an occurrence. The name has escaped my memory probes. It was remarkable for the gritty display of fighting and life in those days. There certainly were no 'heroes' involved.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Possibly "Ladyhawk"?

The Old Timer

Well, they've been used to fling cows around, in "Monty Python's Holy Grail" a cow is flung by the frogs who told Arthur King that they "already had a grail."

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

No, it was something Blood.......at least blood was in the title.

Reply to
Ron

It sounds like you're thinking of _Flesh and Blood_, which also starred Jennifer Jason Leigh.

Reply to
Joe Jefferson

i suspect those were special effects.