Dachau diorama?

I am considering building a V-2 field launch site 1/35 . But I'm having trouble

finding the types of vehicles , colors , figures , hoses etc to use and where

to find them.

Did you use any books for reference in your project ?

Reply to
veritas

When I was stationed in Hanau, Germany, I was a member of a few model clubs but usually hung with the Frankfurt PmV group out of Bournheim. Jens Popp (of Don Color fame) and myself attended quite a few shows in the area. I distinctly remember there was a elderly gentleman that did dioramas of concentration camps and the like. And he always stood by proudly displaying his work. They were always quite involved and were about one square meter in size.

It was generally up to the group running the show whether or not you could display items like that. I remember a few shows were he was literally run out of the room because of the graphic nature of his dioramas. This was mainly old folks that were around during WW II and didn't want to be reminded of what really happened (putting on flame suit). The same went with the whole swastika issue but that is another can of worms.

Scott

Reply to
The Model Hobbit

It is understandable how this gentleman's work, admittedly of high artistic quality, would be controversial. By the way you describe it, his work was "in your face". That is what made the vignette I earlier described, by Tulsa's Kim Jones (I wish I could google up a photo of it), so effective. It featured only a teary-eyed Black U.S. soldier, carrying in his arms a very-emaciated, striped tattered-clothing-clad concentration camp survivor. Nothing else need to be modeled; as the viewer's imagination did more that the best modeler could illustrate.

Very similar to that great Peninsular War painting (was it by Goya???...) titled something along the lines of "The Last Square", which showed the remnants of an infantry "square" which had *not* survived a cavalry attack.

Reply to
Greg Heilers