Dewoitine D520 - New post (be gentle)

Hi there

I'm looking to add a Dewoitine D520 to my WWII 1:72 scale military prop aircraft collection. I missed the Hasegawa version on eBay a few weeks back and have only been able to find the ancient FROG and Heller kits on the market since.

Does anyone know:

(a) whether there are any other mainstream kits available of this bird; and (b) the relative merits of the mainstream kits available.

I tend to build straight OOB and am not a huge stickler for accuracy. It should look like a Dewoitine, but the build quality is more important to me.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Reply to
Raffi Varoujian

Raffi, The Hasegawa is undoubtedly the best out there in 1/72nd scale. If you want 1/48th go for Tamiya's kit. However, to me the Heller kit does look something like a D.520. So, if accuracy and detail isn't your main concern, it my be worth looking for. IIRC it's one of Heller's earlier kits so it's not overly detailed, and I certainly can't comment on it's accuracy (or lack thereof) but as I said it does look something like a D.520. 8-)

Don McIntyre Clarksville, TN

Reply to
Don McIntyre

The Heller is a decent kit apart from the absence of significant interior detail. I don't know about the Frog kit--I recall thinking it looked great when I was 14, but I'm sure the Heller is better.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Typical Frog detailing, very bland surfaces, no interior detail other than the standard-issue Frog pilot's seat. It doesn't compete against the Heller kit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller