Dick Tracy Space Coupe Color Question

instructions call for yellow. anyone here build it? gonna use a rattle can, and was thinking more of a school bus yellow instead of plain old yellow.

howzat sound?

Craig

Reply to
Craig

Funny you should mention the Coupe. It was my final effort for 2003, finished it on New Years Eve. I used Tamiya Chrome Yellow over Armory white primer and am quite happy with the results, although the yellow needed to be dusted on in several coats because it seemed to react slightly to the different brand of primer. Tamiya white would have been better. About the decals.....I had to bust out another kit to get the decals which had a WICKED tendency to bust apart during application. Be careful!

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Just buy the Sunday newspaper and check out Tracy's hat and trenchcoat. Then start mixing. Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

Assuming his local paper still carries the strip. We've been Tracy-less for years. It's getting so bad that I read half my favourites on the computer.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

I used an ivory color like the plastic in the kit. yellow seemed too bright Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

yep. have not seen Tracy in the papers in years (SF Bay Area) Chrome Yellow does sound good, though...

Craig

Reply to
Craig

x=

norton chrome yellow would fit that car like a slinky blonde.

as long as dilbert's on line.

I've wanted a yellow spaceship ever since seeing one on "Robinson Crusoe on Mars". (one of the holy grails of film for me!)

-John

Reply to
Pacific95

Right. And also, is "Beetle Bailey" still around? Our local paper "dishonorably discharged" the strip (15 years ago?) because it was deemed "Politically Incorrect"....(* sigh *)

And "the daily comics" REALLY ceased to be; when Gary "The Far Side" Larson retired....

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

it isn't hard to find. scifi channel runs it often and i've seen it for sale. i did an on air copy. pre campy batman adam west. wave and die!

and was cremated by bill watterson's quitting.

In western New York, the Buffalo News dropped Prince Valiant to bring in Opus (Berk Breathed's piece about the penguin) I think that you could hear the howl in Chicago. A month later, the knights of the Round Table were back where they belonged!

The Old Timer

But did they keep Opus? I was very excited to see that Berke is back.

(insert genuine modeling content here)

rich

Reply to
Rich

Beetle Bailey (and cartoonist Mort Walker) are very much alive. Carried by both South Florida papers. GPO

Reply to
Lafimprov

The Army Times has six daily strips on one page every week. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Congratulations! When the locals change anything they ignore the howling and tell us we'll learn to live with it. They just recently expanded the size of the TV listings. Commendable but, now it's the same size as the rest of the paper and I can't tell you the number of times it's disappeared into the recyclables, or worse, under the cat's bowls. Apparently they were shocked to get correspondence with nasty words in it, enough to write an editorial condemning that and reminding us we'll all adapt. :{

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

It runs in the morning daily here and colour on Sundays. I'm impressed to see coloured dailies in the St Petersburg (Fla) Times.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Separate but equal? :+)) Kim M

Reply to
Royabulgaf

and have not been the same since Bloom County went belly up.. I was never an "Outland, All Opus all the time" kind of guy.

Mike please remove "diespam" to reply

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, perhaps you've misunderstood the situation.

Reply to
MLDHOC