Dick Tracy Space Coupe Color Question

IIRC (from reading a compilation/history published ca. the mid-'7Os or thereabouts) , Morton Gould; Tracy's creator; used bold primary colors because he wanted to make the Sunday page of the comic as easy for even the most basically equipped rural newspaper to publish as possible -- thus increasing the number of papers that carried it.

Reply to
Edwin Ross Quantrall

Actually, it worked out for the best for me. The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle carrys it as well, and has LOTS better newsprint. You know, the kind that DOESN'T come off in your hands. I also get another Sunday Magazine, comics that I haven't seen in years and SWMBO gets another set of coupons, all for $1.50! I can live with it.

The Old Timer

You guys still read newspapers?

Why? (other than the comics)

Reply to
Frank

It comes to the house because Mom needs to study the obits to see if anybody she knows is there. I also enjoy the sparkling, witty columns. (cough, cough)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak

Because it just feels 'wrong' to get news any other way. Same as e-books - they suck.

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

I'm not sure "suck" is quite correct. In theory, they would contain the same "words" as a real book; but it is definitely far more difficult to "absorb" the material while reading from a monitor, as opposed to reading a real book in a comfortably setting. And also -- where do we (especially guys) do MOST of out reading? (In our...err....uhhhhh...."library"..."sitting" in comfort)

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers