Did they release a 1987-93 Mustang 5.0 in LX trim?

I'm pretty sure they did the GT with the foglights, the ground effects and rest of the busy work - but did they ever shoot the cleaned up LX version? I hooked my nephew up with a '90 model 5.0 LX for his first ride, I thought a model of it might be kind of cool if such a beast exists.

TIA

WmB

Reply to
WmB

Nope, no LXs in plastic. All American Models did a resin body conversion in either the coupe or the hatchback but getting one now is difficult and expensive. I've heard rumours that someone else was/is producing the coupe but I'm not up on all the different producers. After a few burns by others I try to stick with Modelhaus resin parts and kits now.

Bill Banaszak, MFE (current owner of '87 Mustang LXs in 1/1 and 1/24)

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Yeah I was hoping against hope - I didn't recall seeing one over the years or else it would have made it into my stash. Being a gift for a casual young modeller, resin would be out anyway. I'm lucky he builds (and completes!) the styrene kits I've already given him, I wouldn't want to push my luck. ;-)

Thanks Bill.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

You're welcome. I'm just sorry I couldn't respond positively. The LX was the better looking car, IMHO. I guess everyone went for the GT because it was the top model available. Someday I'm going to have to get all these Fox Mustangs around here built. I may try the production line method again. The last time I tried that it got derailed because of cold weather.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller