Dio Q: Bear right or left?

I'm working on a WW2 diorama with a street scene large enough for traffic to be heading in two directions. My problem is I don't know whether traffic should bear right or bear left. If I use UK troops should they drive on the left side of the road, even if the dio is in mainland Europe? If I use non UK troops should they bear right? And what happened when they got together? Actually, that could been a funny diorama with a head on confrontation between Allies. Any help will be appreciated. TIA

Mark Levine

Reply to
Mark Levine

Have a look at some pix, but I think you'll find that the rules of the road for the country of occupation would apply - remember, the civilian population (what little of it still had transport!) would still be on the roads too!

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Apart from:

Rule 1: Tanks have right of way.

Jon.

Reply to
Jonathan Stilwell

For Europe it would probably bear left.

And frog right.

Be careful of the fork in the road.

:-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

RPGs say otherwise. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown

Hmmm - and all polar bears are left handed.... (true!)

RobG

Reply to
Rob Grinberg

Rule 2: Americans will try and drive on the right side of the road no matter where they go. Saw it happen in England twice. (reason I took a pass on driving over there)

Azzz1588

Not for long...... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

I don't know which drivers would be the worst in the world, but the Vietnamese certainly vied for that honor, at least in the 60s and 70s.

Of course they were trained by the French.:-)

Tom

Reply to
Maiesm72

I've driven in Bangkok, Tokyo, and Naples. It would be difficult to choose the worst among the three of them...... ;-p

Reply to
Al Superczynski

any where in southern Italy anytime. Mike IPMS

Reply to
Mike Keown