Diorama Question: Most popular beer in WWII ??

One of the standard rations for the Japanese island troops were large cans of pickled sea cucumbers. I'd like to see what our troops thought of those when they laid eyes on them. This looks edible,doesn't it?:

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

done up as sushi, they are amazing. and freakin' expensive because of over fishing.

Reply to
someone

According to family legend little Billy used to run to the tiny TV screen and exclaim, "Ajax, Mommy, Ajax!" Wonders me what about that commercial might have caused that reaction. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Stephen Tontoni schrieb:

Hmm, must have been a stock tune. They used to sell Schaeffer's with that on our regional channels. IIRC, the Republican party attempted to use that one when Gov. Ray Schaeffer ran for his second term.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Oh that's right...I'm getting my characters mixed up. Heinz and Freinz were the two gym instructors on saturday night live! oops....

I'm from upstate NY so Utica Club was definitely around. Gennessee, of course, was the power house in NY crappy beers... my dad had a very scientific process for buying beer; he chose the very cheapest he could find. For me growing up, I could have as much of his beer as I wanted; the trick was that I never wanted that crap beer!

---- Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

An early interest in surface-to-air missiles?

Pat

Reply to
Pat Flannery

Funny you mention that. I distinctly recall every time there was a SAM test the local station would run the Defense Dept film during the news of some unfortunate B-17 getting hit.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller