Dooby dooby doo, la lala la

Just singin' to myself in these empty halls....

Reply to
Mad Modeller

i like the echo and feedback. ya, belch.

Reply to
someone

...turn it up!

Reply to
Rufus

turn up turn up turn up my microphone.

up late, too, buddy? watching gang shows and political crap on current tv. just watched rfd's show on vintage farm equipment. great stuff. oliver tractor's are too cool.

Reply to
someone

Was noodling around on the guitar...I'm sort of recovering from what I believe to be an overdose of vitamin D. Poked around on the web and I have all of the symptoms on the list except vomiting. Getting better, but not quite back to level just yet.

Reply to
Rufus

that shit's dangerous, rufus, so careful it, ok? had a gf almost die from it, scary shit.

Reply to
someone

Yeah...I'm thinking we'll reduce the dosage now. I was *way* low on my last blood draw, I think I'm OD'd now. But I see my rhuemo next Friday and we'll get it sorted. In the meantime I'm feeling really sluggish.

Reply to
Rufus

chug a couple of litres of electrlyte to neutral it. you'll feel a lot better and have some energy.. powerade is excellent.

Reply to
someone

Well Rufus, remember to take care. If not for anything else then for this group since it will fade even more without you (I for one will be missing you).

So there you have it: You need to take care of yourself :-) :-)

Reply to
Uffe Bærentsen

Thanks for the good vibes...I'm workin' on me!

Reply to
Rufus

Speaking of neutralising things, is there something to put in your water to kill chlorine and still have it potable? The local water company has got so much in the water that the more I drink the drier my mouth is and the taste in my mouth is like I've been sucking on metal fragments.

I may have to go out and buy some bottled just to taste blah water again.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Both of you need to work on you, for us and for yourselves

Bill Banaszak

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Mad Modeller wrote in news:Kd- dnSbS1KJl4R_SnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

If you let it sit the chlorine is supposed to separate from the water. That's why when you have fish, you are supposed to let wate stand for 24 hours before adding it to the tank. There is a nuetralizer, too, but it's been a while.

Metallic taste suggest something else, you may just need a filter of some kind.

Reply to
ftauss

If you leave chlorinated water in the sun, the UV breaks down the chlorine, which is why pools need to be re-chlorinated regularly.

A MUCH better idea however, is to get a reverse osmosis water filter. It WILL cost you to buy it, but the water you get out of it is as pure as it is possibe to be. If you put urine through one, you will get water out of the end... the military is trialling a system built-in to packets, so that soldiers will be able to rehydrate food using any old crappy water they find. Or their urine, if that's all they have.

DON'T waste your money on a 'charcoal' filter jug - save the charcoal for your fish tank (or the BBQ ribs). RO will take out heavy metals (including flouride), and virii as well. Seriously good stuff.

RobG (the Aussie one)

Reply to
RobG

Brings new meaning to things, when you ask a soldier what he thinks of his rations and he answers "Piss on it!"

Reply to
eyeball

RobG wrote in news:4f8440df$0$29973$c3e8da3 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.astraweb.com:

Ok. Eww

Reply to
ftauss

Just keep sticking the bits together - I need to get back to doing some of that...

Cheers,

Moramarth

Reply to
Moramarth

On 4/10/2012 7:32 PM, ftauss wrote:>

> [...]

Well Frank, how else would they get to Mars, assuming we ever get a space program again. I'll grant you, the idea tends to be disturbing even if it makes sense.

Thanks for the ideas Rob!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

wish i had some naughty bits.

Reply to
someone

the russians had a urine to drinking water thing back to the 70's. it was used a lot on mir when there was no money. including by visiting americans. space guys are more pragmatic than we are.

Reply to
someone