Door Panel Lines on Cars Painting Question ?

Hello,

After a good primer coat I am now ready to apply my final paint color to a model car. Because of the paint color I am using, I am a little concerned about the driver/passanger door panel lines showing up lighter then the rest of the car. I have read that if you apply mist coats this problem will not occur. I always apply at least 4 mist coats at 20 minute intervals. The question I have is what can I do if I observe that the panel lines are not being covered adequately as I am painting the final wet coats. Thanks.

Mangry

Reply to
Mangry

I'd suggest you stop, wait until the paint cures and then sand the top coat with a fine paper. Then go ahead with the painting. It has worked for me.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Bill Banaszak