EBay Concerns

"Francis X. Kranick, Jr." wrote

What's her problem? I bet you have stoves, drain cleaner, knives, gasoline, and bleach on the property right now, but I'll bet she rarely "fits" over them. . .

KL

Reply to
Kurt Laughlin

Sara L.

Before you retire to an easy chair with an appropriate beverage what do you build?

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I've done both for years added to several attempts at HO Model railroad layouts. With cars I stick to mostly 'stock' and the years run from the Brass Era to the '80s. Good luck with the degree!

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Same on the auto years here, too. Though I do a newer one sometimes...for example I test drove a new Mustang and now I must have that model...I just love Mustangs and have the mot models of those.

Reply to
Sara L.

It's not just her problem. We decided to pass on my inheriting a couple pistols of my dad's after he died. It was a mutual decision but I can hear her complaints once the kids get moved out, probably not for another 10 years or so... One of my dad's pistols was a S&W .22 revolver with an 8" barrel, large frame - a really nice gun. No real anti-gun stance, just something that didn't fit into our lifestyle concerning firearms... Lord knows I don't have much time to build models, I'd have even less time to go shooting.

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

The collection is split between Mopar and FoMoCo stuff with some independents as well as a couple GM cars. Mustangs are in quantity but the largest group of those are the Fox-bodies. I drive a 1/1 '87 LX and once built a model of it. I used parts from two kits and a resin body from All American Models. It came out nicely but got damaged since. I'm waiting on Revell to get those new Mustang kits out there myself. Styling on the new ones is much better than the car they built for the past 10 years. I also built a model of my '70 Maverick and that one is still in good shape. Since I started with the drag car I had to scratch some of the details and forage for others. It's the only car in the collection sporting snow tires since the real one wore them a lot. Wish I still had that car.

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

I'll go out on a limb a bit and say it tends to be a "mom thing" when it comes to guns and kids in the same house. Just one of life's little "it just is" things.

Reply to
rwsmithjr

My Ex never had a problem with gun's and kid's in the house. (kid's didnt either)

She seemed to have a problem with knives and me tho...

AM

Reply to
AM

Indeed, but it wasn't just her making the decision. While I'd like to be able to do so, it's just not a choice that's fair to her OR me until the kids get older/move out. It was a deliberate, concious choice we made before the kids came along (but not too "before", if you will)...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Was it 1/72? All I know (as a Car Guy=AE) is, it was as big as a damn suitcase!

-- C=2ER. Krieger

Reply to
C.R. Krieger