F-16 IFF aerials

I am planning on making several models of various F-16 versions. I have been pouring over

and getting myself slightly confused over the IFF aerials. From what I can make out there are IFF aerials visible in front of the cockpit on the ADF and European MLU aircraft. Are there any IFF aerials on any other version that has such aerials, also can anyone direct Me to a decent picture of the underside aerials for the ADF version?

Thanks in advance

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

Be aware that these aerials are *not* the same. The ADF ones are blade antennae, while the ones on the MLU aircraft are just bulges.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Not really - both ADF and MLU birds have blade antennae in front of the canopy, although these differ in shape, but on the MLU these are mounted straight onto the exisiting upper nose but on seperate mounting plates, while the ADF mounts them on a single raised platform.

Pics from Habu2's site tthat will hopefully clear this up - ADF:

And MLU:

Also, most ADF's had a similar IFF antenna arrangement under the intake - the MLU does not have these.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek

I asked if any F-16's OTHER than the ADF and MLU had IFF aerials.

I did not say that the aerials on both the ADF or MLU were the same.

I posted a link to the web site that I had been using as a reference,

I asked the original question because there was no information given about IFF aerials other than for the ADF and MLU aircraft.

The same web site is used in a reply to show examples of the aerials.

That web site dose not have any clear pictures of the intake mounted aerials of the ADF variant which is why I asked for information or a link pointing me towards a site that does have good photographs.

From what I am being let to believe I am drawing the following conclusions.

1) Most people that read this news group don't actually read what is written in a posting.

2) If they do read what is written, to don't seem to posses the cognitive ability to understand simple, straight forward English.

3) Maybe I should give up using this newsgroup to get help from fellow modelers.

Regards

Annoyed and frustrated

Gondor

Reply to
Gondor

I replied to Enzo, not to you.

And by the tone of your reply I doubt that I ever will.

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek