First kit of the new year done!

Hi All: I just finished my first kit this year. It is the Heller Bf-109E. Off to a good start, now I just need to maintain the pace! Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack Horstman

So how was it?

Reply to
JULIAN HALES

Reply to
res0xur8

thx. Now I feel like shit. got three models in the mail a few days ago, had to walk past the hundreds still in the boxes as I put the xmas stuff away, and here you are, sitting at your table actually building something. really sucks. :-)

Craig

Reply to
Craig

So did I! Okay, I did the priming last Sunday, but this the quickest finish in quite a while. The kit was the Lindberg Dilophosaurus from "Jurassic Park". I had to do a few mods after cruising the Internet last week and getting out my dinosaur books. Lindberg (and Spielberg) got it wrong, big surprise. That dino was no spitter as far as anyone can tell, and definately did NOT have the neck frill. Fortunately, this was a minor repair. (Spielberg) I had to do some serious filling along the hips and shoulders, fit there stunk! (Lndberg) Painting was easy, two tones of Model Master gray, lighter underside and darker along the back and sides, with Tamiya dark brown splotches and highlights. Next stop, Monogram 1:32 Grumman F3F-3, all primed and painted; not looking forward to microscopic landing gear parts. Regards,

The Old Timer

finished the 747 for my dr. i'll take it to him monday. my first all airbrushed kit. i give it a c. decals are kinda not so good and some parts were rushed. it does look like a pal 747 and the wheels haven't fallen off. i did remember to weight the nose.

:) Great news!

After losing a piece of my Italeri M60A1 and also managing to damage it further when it decided to leap off my desk onto the floor I gave up on it!

So I decided to build another kit I had sitting there looking gorgeous. I've just finished the assembly work on Tamiya's M2A2 ODS kit (my favourite piece of modern armour). Went together lovely too! Looks amazing, just needs paint and its done. Don't know when I will get to paint it though due to suitable painting facilities.

Next... Tamiya's Merkava I, just waiting for the Eduard photo etch set before I make a start on her.

Tone

Reply to
Tone

Let me know how it goes. I have this kit as well and was putting out feelers as to what it needed (if anything). I didn't want to spend a whole lot of excess money on it. Rob Gronovius Visit my motor pool in the

gallery

Reply to
Rob Gronovius

Well as luck would have it my mate bought the Tam Merkava kit as a christmas present for me yesterday for £14, so I have only spent a further £14 on the etched set. :)

Will probably take at least a week for the etchings to reach me but I will let you know what the etchings are like when I get them. Have you seen the set at all? looks very good from the photos online. You can get the sets instruction sheet from their page too (but you probably knew this! I am such a n00b that I am finding new things out each day!)

I found an Academy Mutt M151A1 kit that I started building beore. So am sitting here just finishing off the assembly. Nice kit, not a lot to it so makes a nice cut, shave and glue job after the many pieced M2A2 ODS :)

Reply to
Tone

i'm just trying to finish an old 1/72 Italeri F-4F/G kit for the IPMS bolton show this coming sunday. already i have had to raid another F-4 kit for some bits that were missing.

still at least this xmas i was able to do the decals on an A-6E [VA-176 AE-501 of USS Forrestal and from the carpena decal sheets that covered the Forrestal air wing in the mid 1980's] and a small what if for the Italeri F/A-18E. the CAG markings from an EagleStrike sheet for VFA-151 were borrowed and the end result i am more than happy with! though the bright yellow stripes across the tail fins and rudders refused to go around the lumps and bumps at the top of each fin well and took _lots_ of micro sol to get them to lie down.

the carpena decals are excellently printed though do silver a bit.

trevor

Reply to
87015

Very fun! I did one for Franz Von Werra during the BOB. White nose and tail, red/white spinner, typical 71/02/65 scheme with the blue way up the sides of the fuselage. Doing a few simple kits is a good way to get started for the year. I'm probably half done with the old Frog HE-162 kit and just started the Tamiya 109E-3. Jack "the 109 nut"

Reply to
Jack Horstman