flashback

Back in the prior century, I built the Combat Models Me-163A in 1/72nd scale. A very nice kit, in all of its (about) 6 piece simplicity. And I did it, from initial cutting-out of the parts, to final matte clear coat, in about 2 days. I always considered this kit to be the perfect kit to serve as one's "introduction to vac-formed models".

Reply to
Greg Heilers

i'm waiting for rufus to have time to show me how to seperate pieces correctly before i go vac. this kit is also very simple with the addition of a resin c*ck[it and fret of pe. looks like it should build up nice for my 163 collection. only doubts are paint scheme. rlm02 doesn't sound tight.

I have one...but I haven't built it yet...

Reply to
Rufus

I haven't built it yet either, but I got one really cheap in Squadron's Eduard sale this month and it looks very good (Especially for less than $10).

Single sprue of clean plastic, a fret of photo-etch and a crisp resin cockpit set. Choice of 3 marking sets and a set of R4M rockets for under the wings.

If anything the injected canopy looks a little thick.

Reply to
Jeff Barringer

My Komet website has a page dedicated to this model:

I think it will get you started.

Rob

My models:

Me 163B site:
AQM-34 site:

Rob de Bie

and you have a 263 you haven't built yet!

got mine at a mom and pop for 12, so i agree.

danke, dude.

actually, i already had your 163 site bookmarked. hadn't gotten to the a section. excellent site with much goodies. must be a labor of love because you certainly worked on it.

There are 2 reviews (1/72 scale) on the FFSMC.

Reply to
Flying Frog

Yeah...I got mine cheap, too...as I recall. But I think were talking about two different kits...

Mine is the limited run one from Czech Model in 1/48 - 3 marking options, resin wheel well and cockpit by True Details, single sprue of parts, vacform canopy (x 2), and no etch or armament.

Reply to
Rufus

Yeah - and I just goofed and described it to another guy as a 163...DOHHH...

That's what happens when you get all bothered and pick up the wrong box.

Reply to
Rufus

DOHHHHH!!! The kit I described above was my Me 263A-1...grabbed the wrong box for a peek...

My Me 163A is indeed as you describe...though my canopy doesn't seem that bad...pretty clear.

Reply to
Rufus

rufus, you have the 263...at least that's the kit i saw.

and i reminded you before i saw dawn break over marblehead. dohh indeed.

love to see it.

I have both - went back and pulled out the right box.

Reply to
Rufus

As in the Condor kit? Yep, I built one. I should have a pic on the computer. I know there are several on a CD. I gathered all the 163 family, including the Russian cousin, for a family photo.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

share, baby!