For anyone who has seen the Pavla 1/72 Re 2005

I got this kit just recently. Upon examining the sprues, I discovered the rudder is totally misshapen, with a weird re-entrant curve. However, I can't tell whether this is a short-shot or a design defect, since the ribbing seems to go to the trailing edge. I'd appreciate comments from anyone who has the kit and can check it to see if they have a similar problem. I wouldn't expect two identical short shots, but the kits should be all the same if the design is bad. There's not much point in requesting replacement if it's going to look just like the original.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

Derek Shaw

Heck mine has it too.

And it's rather obvious - but the included bag with the resin parts seems to contain a perfect rudder, I guess the folks at Pavla dedected this error with the plastic part and decided to include a new resin rudder with the other resin parts.

Hope you guys have this resin replacement too.

Reply to
EazyPrinz

Thanks, gentlemen. Yep, I've got the replacement bit in with the resin, and I probably wouldn't have noticed it anytime soon without having it pointed out. Another RMS happy ending.

Mark Schynert

Reply to
Mark Schynert

warm'n'fuzzy mode