FS36440 - Lifecolor Brand

Hi guys,

For the first time I bought paint from Lifecolor UA-025 marked as FS36440 Light Gull Gray.

I have saw a lot of pictures concerning the Vought F-8E Crusader, marked VF-194 on board of USS Ticonderoga, on the internet.

It seems that the colour on the botlle is not the correct tone.

So there is anyone who can inform that is the correct or wrong FS36440?

May thanks and happy modelling

José Luis da Silva Sintra - Portugal

Reply to
José Luis da Silva

The FS number is that belonging to flat gull gray, which would be correct (modeling-wise) for the navy gray-over-white scheme. Whether the paint is the right color is aother story. In real life, gull gray is a warm gray color with a tinge of brown to it.

--Chris Bucholtz

Reply to
Chris Bucholtz

You're comparing the colour in the bottle to a colour that was distorted first by the ambient light and the immediate surroundings on the day the photos were taken, then by the photo enlargement process, then by the scanner, then by the compression algorithm and finally by the settings of your own monitor. Paint that Cruze, weather it, then take two aspirins and call us back.

Reply to
[SM04]Serge D. Grun