FW 190A-6

I wish to build a 1/32 Fw 190A-6. Is it easier to convert the Hase A-8 or the A-5? Where is a good reference site that shows or describes the differences in the three versions?

Thanks.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

The Hasegawa kit are the same.... There's an F-8 with a slightly different canopy out there as well, but otherwise almost identical (And also marketet as Revell kits here in Europ where they are cheaper than the Hasegawa offering)

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

With all due respect, Hasegawa's newly-tooled Fw 190 A-5 and A-8 kits are most certainly *not* the same, though they do share many parts. The most important difference with regard to to Art's question concerns the upper cowling, which is appropriate for an A-6 in the A-5 kit but not in the A-8 kit.

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

Bill,

Many thanks.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

Charles,

Thanks.

Art

Reply to
Art Murray

My mistake then, I only know of a new tool D-9 and the old A (F) series in

1:32 scale. I have heard roumors of the possebility, but nothing final.
Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

Claus,

Hasegawa's newly-tooled 1/32 Fw 190 A-5 and A-8 kits can be seen on Squadron Mailorder's website at:

and:

respectively.

The newly-tooled F-8 kit hasn't been imported to the US yet. I purchased mine from HobbyLink Japan, who list it in their on-line catalog at:

Regards,

Charles Metz

Reply to
Charles Metz

Than doing an A 6 should be no real problem.

Wouldnt hurt to see an A 3 or A 4 either :)

Reply to
AM