(GEN) Where To Buy?

Weld-On3? A couple guys in our club said the local plastic-supply houses don't carry it anymore. They do carry Weld-On4, however. That works, but not as quickly as -3...

Frank Kranick

Reply to
Francis X. Kranick, Jr.

Hi Frank, I used to use Weld-On #3 when it was the hot glue to use. Then Tenax came along and for some unknown reason stole its limelight away. I even used to see Weld-On in 1/2 pint cans at the hardware store. Today I cannot even ask for Weld On and have someone know what I am talking about. It has dissappeared from the stores, both Hobby and hardware. I know that the manufacturer (IPS) has a website and it is shown as still being available. I do not think the manufacturer will sell direct to the public but I can be wrong. Maybe shoot them an email and maybe they can tell you who and where it is distributed. I gave up my search when I found out that Tenax and Weld On where basically Methlyne Chloride. I found a plastic supply house here in Chicago and they sold me a pint for 8 bucks!

Cheers, Max Bryant

Reply to
Max Bryant