German Bomber Pilot Uniform.

I got me a set of ReHeat Models Luftwaffe Bomber Crew in 1/48 scale. Now I
need to know what the colors of the bomber crew and pilots?
Help me out here..
Reply to
William L. Powell
See if you can get a copy of the movie "Battle of Britain" as there are a lot of replica uniforms used in that film. While there are some liberties taken here and there, overall it's one of the more accurate films made about WWII and should answer most of your questions.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
See if you can get a copy of the movie "Battle of Britain" as there are a lot of replica uniforms used in that film. While there are some liberties taken here and there, overall it's one of the more accurate films made about WWII and should answer most of your questions.
Cookie Sewell
Reply to
AMPSOne
Yea, but it will not tell me much. I got the movie also, but still, I need the precise color to it. I do not want anyone to walk around and say "Oh thats not the right color" or "Its not right at all.
Just give me some name of the color to it and I will be satisfied.
Reply to
William L. Powell
Do these pictures help?
NiceToScaleModellers
Well, I don't think you have to worry about that overly much. The basic Luftwaffe uniform color was feldblau which was a gray-blue color of considerable variability even when new. After a uniform had been worn and washed a few times, the variability only increased. Anything in the general bluish-gray range oughta be accurate for some uniform some place some time - without even taking into account "scale effect" and the necessary darker shading and lighter highlighting required to make painted figures look "right".
Vallejo makes a paint they designate as "Luftwaffe uniform" but I don't know this necessarily would be anymore accurate than something you mixed up yourself in the general gray-blue range.
The basic uniform color was feldblau. But, it all depends on what the little figures are wearing. There was a khaki tropical uniform worn in North Africa (requistioned Heer uniforms, I suspect) and flight suits came in various colors. Flight jackets were generally leather with all the variability in color that leather can exhibit.
Life vests, both the inflatable and "sausage link" types tended to be a buff color. Again, anything in that general buff color range should be "good enough".
Cheers,
Reply to
Bill Shatzer
With "feldblau" in the mix, I also found these:
Luftwaffe uniforms are near the bottom of both pages. These pages have pictures of the uniform as a whole plus detail images of many of the medals and accessories.
Reply to
NiceToScaleModellers
Thanks Bill, I went and got some and it worked.
Thanks
Reply to
William L. Powell