German Hanomag Passenger Compartment Colours

I'm redoing a bunch of Matchbox 1:76 Hanomags I made 25+ years ago and converting them to the C model. I have access to loads and loads of pictures of Hanomags, but one thing none of the photos show is the interior and I'm wondering if it would have been common practice to have the exterior camo pattern also inside the passenger compartment?

I'm sure the panzer grey with mud painted stripes would NOT have had the mud inside, but what about painted camo? The base coat on my models is dark yellow and I've got this colour on the interior. My initial feeling is that they wouldn't have bothered with the interior as far as painting green/brown/whatever streaks.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

Reply to
Tim Marshall

Don't know for certain, but I agree with you - I doubt the inside was camo'ed.

I personally think they came out of the factory plain sand yellow and the camo was an after-fit. If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't have bothered with the inside - too much like hard work and whats the point.

Cheers,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel

Thanks keeper & Nigel. I'm going to keep the interior dark yellow only (scuffed to hell, but no camo).

Reply to
Tim Marshall