GunVal F-84F?

Hi,

Anyone out there know anything about Project GunVal F-84Fs?

TIA

Duncan

Reply to
DunxC

Well, now you've got my attention. I have heard of the Project Gunval F-86 Sabres in Korea, but this is the first time I've heard mention of F-84Fs in the program. Where did you see this referred to??

Bill Shuey

Reply to
William H. Shuey

Bill,

It's mentioned in one of the Aerofax books - the F-89 series I think. I know about the F-89, F-86F and F-94 GunVal experiments from other books etc., but til now, not one jot on the F-84Fs. My presumption was/is that it'd be some kind of cannon armament, but since one of the F-89 GunVal projects included a rocket launcher, I guess anything goes....

Duncan

Reply to
DunxC

A quick Google turned up Sabre GunVal related sites but I didn't 'see' F-84s. But, you might try the AF Museum site and the F-84 site, when it gets back up, at:

-- Chuck Ryan snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEearthlink.net Springfield OH

Reply to
Charles Ryan

And a "gunval" would be? Jerry 47

Reply to
jerry 47

A 1950s US program to evaluate different alternatives to the then standard machine gun armament of fighters.

HTH,

Andre

Reply to
Andre van der Hoek