Hasegawa is making a 1/32 Tony!

Finally, my 30+ year wait is over..... Gonna cost over $40 but what the hell.

Maybe the Raiden is next????

Craig

Reply to
crw59

Great...that's one more I'll have to get...

Reply to
Rufus

There's already one available, although it costs somewhat more than $40.

Enzo Matrix

That's probably about what the old Revell kit's going for on eBay. Is Hasegawa revamping the old Revell 1/32 stuff?

Reply to
frank

I think Hasegawa just saw a market, considering what the old Revell Tony was going for (and it's not that good a kit by modern standards), plus it's a Japanese aircraft, just the thing for the home market. I hope they keep it up and maybe do the Jack next.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Williams

Here are some pictures of the model.

Click on the "Next" link for a series of close-ups.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

Is there a big home market for WW2 stuff in Japan? I would have thought it was a period most Japs wanted to forget? Just curious, don't want to start a political thread.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The not all that much wrong with the old Revell Raiden. I have three 1970s vintage kits of it in the storage locker. Guess I'd better get busy and build them.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I'll wait for the $40 dollar one, thank you. ;~)

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I have a couple vintage 1/32 Revell Ki-61s in the storage locker with the Raidens as well. I haven't even given them a thought in some 30 years and never gave a thought to their collector's value. All are perfect with perfect box........are they valuable now?

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Well I bought my Raiden off ebay around 5-6 years ago for around $50......

Craig

Reply to
crw59

I bought the ones I have, along with the Tonys about the mid-1970s for around $5.00 each. ;~p

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Well Bill, when youre done with two and don't want to build another, just pack it up with the spare Midwing George and send it here, I'll help yuo build them ;^)

Actually did the Raiden a while ago and would like to do anothjer now my skils have improved, it's a nice kit. My Tony was twisted at the tail, but otherwise nice too. They are not as detailed as modern kits,but that just leaves something for you to do.

Reply to
Claus Gustafsen

that is what I did too!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but I had a Daisy bb rifle and lots of paint thinner and matches.... Tell me, what is a 13 year old kid gonna do - display it or blow it to bits???

Craig

Reply to
crw59

;~)

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I did the same with a couple of the old Aurora (I think) kits that I built in the late 50s. ;~)

Reply to
Bill Woodier

Just so long as it isn't another Frankenkit with cutouts to rerelease as a Ki-100--or a P-51. If I wanted Lego, I'd buy Lego . .

Reply to
tomcervo