hey rufus!

you guys getting the big fat wind, too?
i heard we supposed to get some 8-90 mph and
i believe.
i saw some guy spread his leather open and get
a really good bump start on his mild custom v-tin.
if i was headed north-east, i could ride one of the sr's
without bothering to start it. our local solar and battery guy
was seen cowering in his carport.
Reply to
someone
Got a bit of wind up near Chicago, its died down. Cold outside, around freezing. Good model weather. Or rather, what did I want to order now....
Reply to
frank
Right now we're calling calm, but I think it is going to pick up a bit into the afternoon. We had a good blow-up yesterday, though.
...we've got a guy retiring here today and they're going to do a parade lap around the town after they throw him over the side. I'm still back and fourth over if I'll participate - my week has been hyper-active, what with visitors in town and tearing up 1:1s...I'm just getting one back together and I start another on Monday...crap...
Reply to
Rufus
...more like good buying weather...starting to get into the season that I'm holding off buying kits to keep from warping plastic in the high-desert heat. I figure I got maybe a 6-8 week window left...
Reply to
Rufus
Still calm up here...I'm beat to death. I think the festivities are in swing, I'm passing...gotta charge back up for Monday...
...er...for tomorrow night - I got a sound gig to go crew.
Reply to
Rufus
you'll do it. you young guys are able to handle the load. what kind of band? as long as it isn't that "country rock" garbage or a beatles cover band, i could even listen. i'd check out your crewing just to get out. but it's the bad part of the month when gas is dear. so lucky me, i get to check out the 81 duel of the titans. saw it with this hot italian girl i ended up in a casual reltionship with. she was really fine and a brunette, so i was quite content. last movie harryhausen did though he's still alive, he's 91 and i hope releases at least one more sooper dooper fx's movie. he is a genius, he was my sat morning theatre guy. damn, we're all getting a bit vintage.
Reply to
someone
They started out as a folk-rock band of sorts, then they got rid of those two members (they had seven in the group at one point...) and reformed a bit more rockin'...still older top-40 sort of stuff though. I've been friends with one of the guitar players and his wife for over 20 years...I just try to make them sound the best they can doing what they do.
...which is earning me a rep as a sound engineer and stage gaffer - they're a five piece, decent voices, and have a lot of equipment...one of them is a PhD. Electrical Engineer, and I'm still the only one that knows how to rig a stage or run a mixer...we play for our supper, and just have fun with it. But I could make a second career of doing this, judging by all the requests I turn down...
Reply to
Rufus

Site Timeline